March 2015 Current Affairs
<<<<. Previous | NEXT..>>>>>
- * On March 02, Online Taxi-service company OlaCabs Acquired Bengaluru based rival TaxiForSure(TFS) in a cash and equity deal worth 200 million US dollars. Olacabs founded in 2010 by two IIT Bombay graduates Bhavish Aggarwal (CEO) and Ankit Bhati is headquartered in Bengaluru.
- * On March 02, Roger Federer won the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships which was held in Dubai defeating Novak Djokovic.
- * On March 02, Chinese technology company Huawei launched first Android Wear Smartwatch "Huawei Watch". It is powered by Google’s Android Wear operating system.
- * On March 02, President of India Pranab Mukherjee gave assent to Maharashtra Animal Preservation (Amendment) Bill 1995. This law was passed by the BJP-Shiv Sena State Assembly in 1995. The Bill says that "If anyone is found selling beef or in possession of it can be jailed for five years and fined up to 10000 rupees however allows slaughter of water buffaloes, which provides carabeef, generally seen as inferior quality meat". This bill basically protects cows.
- * On March 03, Forbes magazine revealed the Global Billionaire's 2015 annual list. According to this list, Bill Gates co-founder of Microsoft is richest person in the world with worth of 79.2 billion US dollars for the 16th time. Second Richest Person position was acquired by Carlos Slim Helu(Mexico telecommunications) with worth 77.1 billion US dollars.
- * On March 02, Union Railways Ministry launched Customer Complaint Web Portal and Mobile Application which can be downloaded from the Indian railway website .
- * On March 03, World Wildlife Day themed "Wildlife crime is serious, let’s get serious about wildlife crime" was celebrated worldwide.
- * On March 03, World’s largest and tallest Indian national flag was unfurled(hoisted) at Town Park in Faridabad, Haryana jointly by BJP president Amit Shah, Haryana CM ML Khattar and Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor. The Flag was hoisted at height of 250 feet (75 meters). The flag had dimensions of 96 X 64 square feet and weighed 48 Kg.
Share it on Facebook by clicking on this button
for more currents click here
Last Updated March 15,2015