Serving the world with Accurate GK and Current Affairs
* A.K. Mittal is new successor of Arunendra Kumar as the Chairman of Railway Board. Arunendra Kumar retired from Railway Services onwards 31 December 2014. So baton comes in hand of A.K. Mittal who was previously holding the post of Member Staff, Railway Board and ex-officio Secretary to the Government of India.
* On December 31,2014 Koppillil Radhakrishnan retired from the post of ISRO chairman. Shailesh Nayak Secretary, Union Earth Sciences Ministry is given additional and interim charge as Chairman for a month or until a regular new chief is named.
* On December 31, 2014 Beji Caid Essebsi was sworn in as the President of Tunisia. He is the first freely elected leader of Tunisia since it gained independence from France.
* On January 01, 2015 Union Government of India launched integrated women safety mobile app called Himmat. This app allows to send a distress call to Police Control Room and their relatives in case of any emergency.
* On January 01, 2015 Union Government of India set up the National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog. NITI Aayog replaces the 65 year old Planning Commission and it will be headed by Prime Minister. It also includes a governing council comprising chief ministers of all the states, Lt. Governors of Union Territories, a Vice-Chairperson and a Chief Executive Officer.
* On January 02, 2015 ICICI Bank launched Digital Village Project in Akodara Village of Gujarat. The project is subjected to provide services ranging from cashless banking to digitised school teaching.