Serving the world with Accurate GK and Current Affairs
* On December 08,2014 Ministry of Railways inaugurated Wi-Fi broadband services at the New Delhi railway station. RailTel, a Public Sector Undertaking of the Ministry of Railways will maintain this service using Gigabit Ethernet network using Optic Fibre Cable (OFC) in a ring. For now the facility is free for first 30 minutes only by registering on the Wi-Fi network through mobile devices.
* On December 08, 2014 Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited(BHEL) commissioned Nyaborongo Hydro Electric Project in Rwanda on turnkey basis.
* On December 08, 2014 Delhi government banned Uber taxi services. The Company was blacklisted after a 27-year-old MNC executive, who used its mobile app to book a cab on 5 December 2014, was raped allegedly by the driver, Shiv Kumar Yadav. The Driver was already having a tainted past but he was hired by this company was its major mistake.
* On December 10, Human Rights Day was observed globally. The date December 10 was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly's adoption and proclamation of Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) on 10 December 1948.
* In first week of December, Current Richest man of Russia Alisher Usmanov decided to return the Nobel Prize medal to James D Watson that he bought for 4.8 million US dollars in an auction.