Serving the world with Accurate GK and Current Affairs
* Punit Goenka, MD & CEO, ZEEL is the winner of IMPACT Person of the Year 2014. The 10th edition of the IMPACT Person of the Year concluded on December 06, 2014. Nominees for the award were Sam Balsara - Chairman and Managing Director, Madison World, Piyush Pandey - Executive Chairman and Creative Director – South Asia, Ogilvy & Mather India, Prasoon Joshi - Chairman, McCann WorldGroup APAC & CEO, Punit Goenka - MD & CEO, ZEEL, BD Park - President & CEO, Samsung S West Asia and Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal - CEO & COO, Flipkart.
* On December 07,2014 2.10 AM (IST) India's latest communication boosting satellite GSAT-16 (lift-off mass of 3,181 kg) launched successfully from the space port of Kourou in French Guiana. In this dual rocket mission, GSAT-16 with 48 transponders, the largest-ever carried by a communication satellite built by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), was ejected into space four minutes after its co-passenger DIRECTTV-14 spacecraft(designed to provide direct-to-home television broadcasts across the US) was launched, Arianespace said.
GSAT-16 was launched into a Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO).
* Tensed over a backlog of more than three crore cases in courts across the country, Chief Justice of India HL Dattu has asked the Chief Justices of all High Courts to ensure expeditious disposal of cases pending for five years or more.
* On December 03, 2014 Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara became the fourth batsman to complete 13000 One-Day Internationals (ODI) runs. The other people in the row are
Rank 1. Sachin Tendulkar (India) 18426 runs (463 ODIs).
Rank 2. Ricky Ponting (Australia) 13704 runs (375 ODIs).
Rank 3. Sanath Jayasuriya (Sri Lanka) 13430 runs (445 ODIs).
* On December 07 2014, India set a new world record for the world’s largest human formation of a national flag by creating Tricolour by participation of 50000 volunteers in Chennai's YMCA grounds.
Previously this world record was on the name of Sports Club of Lahore, Pakistan where in 28957 people were involved in forming the national flag of Pakistan.