What is NDA?
NDA stands for National Defence Academy. National Defence Academy which is located in Khadakwasla, Pune is the academy which trains its students to become officers in Indian Armed Forces i.e., Indian army, Indian Air Force & Naval Wing. Before 1955 although we had proper training procedures which ran at different places for different forces but Formal inauguration of the National Defence Academy happened on 16 January 1955. Pune City was chosen for Academy because of its location,climate which is suitable for trainings and drills of the officers.
Current Heads in Power at Academy
- *Commandant : Air Marshal RKS Bhadauria, AVSM, VM
- *Deputy Commandant : Major General Ashok Ambre, SM
- *Principal : Prof. Om Prakash Shukla
How to join NDA?
NDA & NA Exam Eligibility
- Age : As per UPSC notification
In every notification they publish a birth date range and accordingly you can check your eligibility.
- Educational Qualification : 12th Class12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army wing and 12th class or equivalent with Physics and Maths for Air Force & Navy.
- He must be medically fit as per UPSC criteria.
- Process : Once after passing 12th class an unmarried men can fill the form of NDA and NA Exam which is held twice a year conducted by UPSC. After he fills the form if short-listed he is required to sit for a written exam(duration one day) at a test centre. Then if he clears that exam, he needs to attend SSB for 5 or more days (a two elimination round Screening and Conference process). Then if he clears SSB, then medicals are conducted for 3 or more days. After that a merit list is prepared for the successful candidates.
NDA Exam Timetable 2015
N.D.A. & N.A. EXAM.(I), 2015
source : UPSC website, Last updated: Nov.15,2014
NDA Exam Preparation Links
Click here to navigate yourself to